Register for High School Heroes
High School Heroes Initiative
JA’s High School Heroes Initiative is an innovative service-learning project that helps high school students build valuable employability skills such as leadership, public speaking, critical thinking, and time management.
- Students are selected by their educators to participate. High School Heroes may come from FEA, FBLA, DECA, JROTC, Key Clubs, or service organizations.
- This community service project can be implemented in an individual class, over an entire grade, or after school.
- Students visit a local elementary school and middle schools to team-teach JA’s interactive curriculum over the course of one day.
- JA Staff provides all materials and training at no cost to the school or district.
A win-win for students and schools!
- The JA High School Heroes initiative allows your district’s elementary and middle school students to receive JA’s standards-based financial literacy curriculum at no cost.
- High School Heroes have the opportunity to connect with business leaders and mentors, participate in additional JA activities and events, and are eligible for JA’s High School Hero scholar award.
- In a recent JA High School Hero survey, 90% agreed or strongly agreed that the experience helped them improve their public speaking skills- preparing them for life after high school.
JA High School Heroes
For more information about the JA High School Heroes program, visit the JA High School Heroes program page.
JA High School Heroes - JA of New Jersey
For more information about the JA High School Heroes - JA of New Jersey program, visit the JA High School Heroes - JA of New Jersey program page.