Volunteer at JA BizTown
Spend a day with JA and help empower NJ’s youth to own their economic success.
Share your education, career, and personal experience and help prepare 5th and 6th graders to be future leaders in NJ’s workforce.
BizTown is an innovative, experiential learning program where students apply classroom lessons to a real-life simulation experience. As a volunteer you will help guide young CEO’s, CFO’s, healthcare technicians, news reporters, bank tellers and more in managing businesses, making tough financial decisions, and job responsibilities as they strive to create a successful economy all within the walls of JA BizTown.
Volunteering with JA requires no advanced preparation and is a great team building experience. We welcome individuals and groups of all sizes.
At a glance…
JA BizTown Park Staff is on site to help coach and ensure a successful day. Volunteer attire is Business Casual or Company apparel. All program materials are provided on arrival.
Time: 8:15am - 2:00pm
Location: JA Education Center, 360 Pear Blossom Drive, Edison, NJ 08837
Training: 1-hour on the morning of your scheduled
Prep Time: None
8:15am Volunteer Arrival
8:30am Volunteer Overview & Training
9:30am Student Arrival/Morning Announcements
11:30am Lunch (provided for volunteers)
1:45pm Student Debriefing/Closing Announcements
What to expect on your day as a volunteer...
- Volunteer in 1 of the 14 businesses in JA BizTown, assisting the students with their business/job tasks throughout the day, while sharing personal stories of work experience.
- Assist students as they role play in jobs such as bank tellers, CEOs and CFOs, Mayor, medical technicians, claims adjusters, radio host, refining engineers and more.Led by volunteers, students explore realistic spending categories, including housing, transportation, utilities, and child care, to name a few.
- Encourage leadership, problem solving, collaboration, & communication skills.
- Inspire students to start planning for college & careers.
- Be a part of a transformative learning experience for students.
For more information, please contact:
Kathy Mikula | Volunteer Coordinator at Kathleen.Mikula@ja.org
For more information about the JA BizTown program, visit the JA BizTown program page.
Select a button below to see how you or your organization can get involved with Junior Achievement of New Jersey.Donate Volunteer Request A Program